I also excited to show you the newest addition to my vintage dress collection from Dear Golden. I showed you the etsy photos a few weeks ago, but had to take it to the tailor to have it taken up and in a little. I'm a bit short waisted so I have to have many of my dresses taken up in the waistline in order for them to fit properly. I also had about 2 1/2" removed from the hem of the dress. Now it's perfect!
I clearly need to get used to taking photos outside...my camera settings need some tweeking I think...
I just realized I'm wearing an item from each of my grandmother's in this outfit! My Glasses are from my Grandma Cotton and my belt was a given to me by my Grandma Nelson! Awww! That makes me smile..
My sandals are new too. I never liked really those strappy gladiator style sandals, but this newer, simpler version that is trendy now is perfect. I knew I wanted a metallic pair to wear with dresses during the day. I found this pair at Winners for a song. I love the warm rose metallic colour - they go with everything and are very low key. I almost look barefoot in these photos! And I couldn't resist the filagreed metal (yes - it's metal!) detail on the toe.
Dave (our 4 year old Boxer - for new readers!) really enjoyed running around the yard like a maniac while I took these photos! haha!
50's Cat Eye Glasses: Were Grandma Cotton's (new lenses from Osborne Spectacle)
50's Cotton Atomic Print Dress: Dear Golden via Etsy
Purple Leather Braided Belt: Was Grandma Nelson's
Green Beaded Necklace worn as a Bracelet: Le Chateau
Sandles: Zigisoho, Winners
This weekend is the Canada Day (July 1st) long weekend and I've got 1 1/2 days of work left! Things are looking up!
What are you up to this weekend?
Lisa.xo






Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI am all sorts of in love with this print! How marvelous and looks darling on you!
ReplyDeletexoxo
-Janey
So terrifically pretty! I just love the happy, summery colour palette at work here. Green, purple and white go so well together and really channel the spirit of a warm weather garden (think lilacs, lavender, sweet peas, violets, and pansies to name but a few purple blooms).
ReplyDeleteHappiest Canada day wishes, my fellow vintage loving canuck!
♥ Jessica
Canada Day? That's it I'm moving over there. xo
ReplyDelete