Friday, June 20, 2014

Show and Tell: Floral Embroidered 20's Cloche

I own two pieces from the 20's. This cloche and a stunning shawl I will show you next.



I bought this hat from a vintage shop that was closing a number of years ago. Everything in the store was marked down significantly. I went in to browse the sale and got a glimpse of this hat behind the counter. I asked to try it on. The owner said yes, but prefaced the "yes" with "This hat is tiny. In all the years I've owned it no one has ever been able to put it on." I know my own head....I know I have a small head (21 1/2" to be exact. Most people are 22-23"). I knew this hat would fit me. And it did.

She had it marked down from $99 to $40. She was so excited that it fit me she sold it to me for $21. I wore it all summer that year and it's one of my most prized vintage possessions.




Lisa.xo

4 comments:

  1. Hello my fellow small head circumfranced lass (without my wig on, I'm about 20.75", with it around 21.5, too), what a fantastic story and even more awesome vintage cloche hat. It is a timelessly beautiful work of milinary art and one that looks as lovely as the day is long on you.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Lisa, this hat is so beautiful! Really nice. Lucky you with the right-sized head!

    I face the opposite problem of having a head (and wrists and shoulders) that are too big for most women's clothing and jewelry. I can't even get bangles on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW, I mentioned your cloche on my blog today!

      Delete
  3. Lovely find! I often end up sighing over bracelets or shoes that don't fit. It must be nice to know you can wear those smaller pieces that languish for the lack of room! ♡

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear feedback from readers!

Check back or sign up for follow up comments! I do my best to answer all of your comments and questions right here!

Thanks for sharing!!

Lisa.xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...