Monday, June 9, 2014

Outfits: Rockabilly Casual

I feel like my style has been evolving again lately...maybe evolving is the wrong word. Settling? I dunno...I guess it's been happening for a while.
Over the past few years I've been edging towards a more rockabilly look. I feel quite comfortable in it. Rockabilly can be dressy, but it can also be casual and it has a bit of an edge. I like a look with an edge and frankly, there aren't many black tie galas in my life. lol!

I haven't been posting a lot of outfits here in the last few months. Work has kept me busy and I always worry that you'll grow bored of seeing me in jeans and a tee-shirt again and again, but that's my life and that's how I dress day to day. I keep trying to tell myself that I should post those looks here. They are no less worthy of the blog than a dress.







Vintage Cotton Headscarf: Ragpickers
Purple Flower Earrings: Ricki's
White Tee: Joe Fresh
Green Belt: Thrifted
Skinny Jeans: Forever 21
Purple Patent Flats: Joe Fresh
80's White Mesh Clutch: Thrifted
Letterman Jacket: Forever 21


Lisa.xo

8 comments:

  1. The make-up and head scarf are the perfect accessory to the more causal jeans. I feel my vintage style is changing too! I am still working and playing with a few things but have found I have been purging quite a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more! Without the makeup (and even the headscarf, though I don't usually wear one) this outfit could be plain jane.

      Lisa.

      Delete
  2. i saw a girl in a bomber jacket on the bus and i really dug it. i kinda want one? also wearing scarves on my head often lately because my hair is growing out! frustratinggggg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wore this headscarf on Sunday night because I needed to dye my hair soooo badly!! haha!

      Good luck growing your hair out! I had a pixie cut for 10 years and growing it out was a painful. Tough it out though...once your get past those awkward stages it's all downhill from there!

      Lisa.

      Delete
  3. Rockabilly is a fun style. And, candidly, you carry off a t-shirt like nobody else. Your natural beauty shines through no matter how casual your clothes.

    I have a similar shelf of shoes. It's better to see what you have than rummage around the floor of a closet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :)

      I like having all my shoes where I can see them. Makes getting dressed so much easier. It's time to switch some of those out for my summer shoes though.

      Lisa.

      Delete
  4. It gets my vote, it looks great on you! I tend to do either rockabilly or cowgirl when I'm dressing casually. My style's always changing, I just love clothes so much that I can never settle down with a particular 'look'! P x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My style also seems to be in flux all the time too. I never settle for long before I'm onto something else.

      I really like cowgirl style on other people...I'm not into it for myself, but I do admire it on others. I'm sure you follow Atomic Redhead. - she has AMAZING vintage cowgirl style.

      Lisa.

      Delete

I always love to hear feedback from readers!

Check back or sign up for follow up comments! I do my best to answer all of your comments and questions right here!

Thanks for sharing!!

Lisa.xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...