Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pretty Little Purse

I'm not sure if I have mentioned it yet this summer, but I've just finished an 8 week break from work. No work at all for 8 weeks! Summer is tricky for theatre work in Winnipeg. There isn't much going on and the jobs that are available seem to only go to a select few (one of which I am not). The Boy and I decided we would be ok financially if I didn't get a part time job, so I got to have a well deserved holiday.
As a result, I've had to pinch pennies to make it through until I start back to work this week. And as a result of pinching pennies there has been little to no shopping. Especially thrift store shopping. Which has been difficult.

I did however buy myself this little purse last week. I went to Value Village with my Mom and I just couldn't leave it there. It was only $5 and I already have an event to wear it (this is how these things happen isn't it!? lol!).



My guess it that it's 60's since it's a cross body bag, it's got a 20's flapper bag vibe going on and it's made in China. Or would it be 80's? Now I've just confused myself. 
Thoughts anyone?

Lisa.xo


3 comments:

  1. WOW Lisa! Great find. I never find anything at V.V. Well, that's not really true, several years back I find a slinky black velour dress for $8.00. I have a purse similar to your which is from the late 60's/early 70's. Everytime I use it, I get tons of compliments and loads of ladies asking...'Where did you get that?' I enjoy your blog, love your style. Take care from a fellow Winnipeger, Pattyrae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a amazing VV find - and at a remarkably good price, to boot. Ugly, beat up 90s purses often go for more than that at VV (at least in these parts) nowadays. I agree, this is a piece that leaves one guessing a bit about its date of birth. My "blink" response is that it's 60s does 20s, but it could be an especially glamorous 70s disco era accessory. Whatever decade it hails from, it's timelessly pretty and is a wonderful treat after a couple of very lean months.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely purse! My guess is also 60s/70s does 20s :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear feedback from readers!

Check back or sign up for follow up comments! I do my best to answer all of your comments and questions right here!

Thanks for sharing!!

Lisa.xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...