Found Object Ornaments
Even if you don't have a crafty bone in your body you will be able to tackle this project! I promise!
Here's what you will need:
Your imagination is your only obstacle!
Here's what you do.
1. Collect your found objects
2. Collect your ribbon
3. Cut your ribbon into lengths. Long enough to loop through your ribbon and tie. 6"-10" is plenty.
4. Thread the length of ribbon through your found object (with the brooches I just looped it though the pin on the back!)
5. Tie the ribbon. I like the simple look of a knot, but you could cut the ribbon much longer and tie the ribbon in a bow.
6. Hang your new ornament on your tree, or wherever!
I came up with this idea last year when The Boy bought me a new, taller Christmas tree and I found myself short on ornaments to hang on it and short on cash to buy more. I remembered I had a bag of chandelier crystals and an entire roll of blue vintage ribbon in my craft supplies. In less than an hour I had more than 2 dozen new pretty, shiny ornaments for my tree!
Here are the objects above paired with some ribbon in my stash:
Well I hope that got your creative juices flowing! I love the idea of making your own ornaments. It's an easy, cost effective way to spruce and personalize your holiday decor. And with the cost of vintage ornaments on the rise, this is a great way to add some vintage touches to your home for the holidays.
If you tackle this little project I would LOVE to see your ornaments!
I've got two more DIY projects planned so Stay Tuned!