Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wishlist: Floral Dress

I am on the hunt for the perfect late 50's early 60's floral dress. Something Stepford Wife worthy.

If size were no issue, I like these (all found on Etsy):


I'd like a dress with sleeves, but this print is so pretty!

buy it here!



Again, no sleeves. But the print. A dress like this is all about the print!

buy it here!


 Here. Sleeves. And I love the cummerbund like band. 

buy it here!


 Perfection! And it's silk!

buy it here!


I'd prefer a full skirt, but the neckline is just so pretty on this dress! 

buy it here!


Another pretty pink confection for you!

buy it here!


This one is a little different with the solid bodice, but I love me some border prints!

buy it here!


How about purple?

buy it here!


See a pattern developing here? 

buy it here!

My only issue time and time again with these kinds of dresses is that they tend to be so small! Why?! So I just keep hunting. My dress is out there somewhere...

Lisa.xo

3 comments:

  1. I love the forth one - the redey pink flowered silk one. So lady like yet flirty at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many of those dresses make me think of the basic pattern Mary Adams uses for many of her dresses...have you checked out her book "The Party Dress"?

    Lady, you could make something in one of these styles, in a print that you love. Would it *be* vintage? Nope. But, it would fit you perfectly, and you could make it *look* vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle - I think the silk dress is my favourite.

    WolfSong - I have never heard of Mary Adams? I'm going to check her out!
    I hadn't actually thought of sewing something. I wonder if my skills are up to the task? Now you've got me thinking...

    Lisa.xo

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear feedback from readers!

Check back or sign up for follow up comments! I do my best to answer all of your comments and questions right here!

Thanks for sharing!!

Lisa.xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...