Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Show and Tell: Vintage Purse and Clutch Collection Part 6

Ok. Last one guys. I wanted to post this yesterday (my day off), but I slept in too late and missed the good morning light in my living room. I barely made it this morning! lol!

Here are the rest of my black clutches and handbags. They're so hard to photograph!




The top clutch is another one of my favourites. It was bought at Ragpickers when I worked there. It still has it's mirror and original comb inside - both have their own special pockets in the front.

The clutch on the bottom was a Value Village purchase. I love the metal linked handle. It's so unique!



This art deco bag is another Ragpickers buy from long ago. The fringe on the bottom has seen better days and there are a few rhinestones missing, but I still like this bag. I don't tend to buy damaged pieces like this any more - I think that's a new vintage collector thing, but I'm happy to keep this one around.



Another Value Village buy. I wish I knew how old this bag is. It's got a cute little coin purse inside. The exterior is hard and is covered in cotton velvet. I paid a lot more than I usually do at VV for this bag, but I had to have it. Whoever was pricing it knew what it was.



Two more Value Village purchases. The top bag is a recent purchase - just last week! Once again, couldn't resist that cute little metal handle!

I love the size of the bag on the bottom, that and how elegant and simple it is. It's a bit bigger than most vintage clutches and fits my iPhone and my makeup compact. 



I'm pretty sure this little faux suede bag is from the 70's or 80's. I bought it because it has a loop to fit over a belt on the back and fits my iPhone. I thought I could use wear it on my belt out if I need my hands free at a party or out dancing. It also has two loops for a shoulder strap if I wanted to add one.



Another Ragpickers buy from my university days. I LOVE this bag. Everything about it. The leather, the chain, the closure. It's a really neat piece.


The best part is the interior. It doesn't fit a lot, but I adore the mirror fixed inside and the little snap pockets. Such a cool bag.



Some more random black bags.



These are both shoulder bags. I've got the straps tucked inside. The top leather one is from Ragpickers, the bottom patent bag is a Goodwill buy. 



I honestly can't remember where I got this faux croc handbag. Maybe VV? It's a tiny little bag - this picture makes it look bigger than it is. I love the detailing on the closure. 



My only fur muff. Another Ragpickers buy. I used this a lot in university and the fur has seen better days. I had forgotten I had it until I was going through my bags for this post series. Maybe I should take it out for a spin before our snow melts!


The back.


The rest of the bags are random purses and such that I had found while I was going through my bins (I keep some of my bigger bags in rubbermaid bins in the basement).

This leather fringed bag was my Mom's in the 70's. It's not really my style, but I love it cause it was hers and will never get rid of it.


Two more leather purses. Both thrifted from Value Village.



My antique doctor's bag. A recent acquisition from a show I worked on. I got it in trade for some labour I did. I've always wanted one.



And last, but not least, a bright 70's gym bag I bought for $1 thrifting in Thompson on the Munsch Tour last year.  I use it to store other smaller clutches.


And that's it!! That's my entire collection. What do you collect?


See more Show and Tell posts here.


Lisa.xo


3 comments:

  1. Loved this series, I just posted my collection. I am sure mine will keep growing now that I have some inspiration to do so:P you have some very unique and beautiful pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My internet just cut out for a few minutes and I think that my comment was lost (it died as I was trying to submit what I'd written here), so in case such was the case, I'll try again.

    I really want to thank you for this immensely enjoyable, gorgeous post series. Your collection is vast, varied and incredibly lovely and it has been a sheer joy to savour each and every one of your purse posts over the past several days. Thank you very much for the time and effort you put into each one. Your handbag collection will forever stand in my memory now as one of the loveliest I've ever seen.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! I love the black one with the fringe on the bottom! And the fringe leather that was your mother's is wonderful too! I understand wanting to keep something even if it isn't totally your style. I adore your muff too! I have several, only a few of which can act like a purse. They are so fun!

    Thank you for this wonderful journey through the land of Lisa purses! I enjoyed it so much! And I can't wait to get started on my own Show and Tell series! I'll have to wait awhile as I'm about to leave on a trip!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear feedback from readers!

Check back or sign up for follow up comments! I do my best to answer all of your comments and questions right here!

Thanks for sharing!!

Lisa.xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...