Saturday, March 1, 2014

Show and Tell: Vintage Purse and Clutch Collection Part 5

If I have a weakness for vintage purses and clutches in general, then my love of vintage straw and wicker bags in unparalleled!! I used to have quite a few more, but have sold them in the last few years and only kept my favourites. Photographing these today is making me long for summer. It's brutally cold in Winnipeg right now.


You've seen this bag before. It's in heavy rotation in my wardrobe. My brother Matt bought it for me one day while we were out thrift shopping together.


Clutches. All thrifted. The bamboo clutch with the strap is my most recent addition. I'm excited to use it this summer. 



I bought this bag at Ragpickers after I worked there. It's a great size for fitting essentials into and I love the shape and colour.



This bag was a thrift purchase. I like how the beading looks a bit like polka dots. I also like that this bag is black, however, I usually find it too small (this photo is a bit deceiving. It's smaller than the red bag above). I'd really like to find a black straw bag in a nice size for summer.



This bag is another thrift find. Salvation Army - $2. It has some damage, but I managed to sew it back together with a sturdy needle and some twine.



This Club Med bag was another thrift find. I'm a sucker for all things nautical and what's more nautical than netting? This is a great casual bag for going to the beach. It's large and fits so much stuff.



I bought this bag while on the Munsch Tour last winter. I cannot resist those raffia flowers. I really can't   tell you how many bags I've almost bought while thrifting because I love those woven flower motifs. The pretty peach colour won my heart here. That and the shoulder strap. 



Another bag you're sure to recognize if you been hanging around here for a while. My all time favourite bamboo cage purse. I had been coveting one identical to this online for at least a month. The price kept me from buying it - $90!! And how was I to know it was in good shape? I resisted the urge to spend that much money on a bag and tried to put it out of my mind. Well only a few weeks later I was in Value Village looking at the housewares and spotted this bag sitting among the baskets. It was $4!!! My heart raced, I grabbed it and clutched it to my chest while I continued shopping. I felt like I was stealing or something! lol!



I bought this basket at Goodwill. Again, raffia flowers. Can't resist. lol! I really want to take this bag to the beach, but I'm a little bit afraid of wrecking it. So instead I store some of my purses inside.



I love love love this purse. It was a gift from Maureen - the costume designer on 'Angels in America: Millennium Approaches' and 'Angels in America: Perestroika'. Both shows were a lot of work and Mo and I bonded pretty heavily. She bought this for me and didn't even know how much I love wicker bags or nautical wear in the summer. She's just that good. :)


One more purse post coming your way. Tomorrow or monday. Have a great weekend!


See more Show and Tell posts here.


Lisa.xo

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait for the next installment!! The first bag is my favorite and the last red one a close second. I gave away soooo many of my bags seeing your lovely collection makes me what a few back for sure. Always love reading the stories behind them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I know that precise feeling of thinking that surely someone is going to swoop down and say, "Nope, we made a mistake, you can't actually have [vintage item X] for a song. Sorry, pay what it's worth or scram!". It's both exhilarating and terrifying at the same time.

    Have a marvelous weekend my fellow straw/bamboo/wicker purse loving gal,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, actually i always thought, i own a pretty big and cool collection of vintage bags ... but yours is just aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahmazing!

    ... and - i'm pretty proud to announce that i finally got my hands on my own bamboo cage purse ... since i saw yours on the blog some years ago, i wanted one so badly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! That anchor one is amazing!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have an impressive purse collection. I especially love the last red one with the anchor. It's to-die-for :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear feedback from readers!

Check back or sign up for follow up comments! I do my best to answer all of your comments and questions right here!

Thanks for sharing!!

Lisa.xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...