I thought "hm..I haven't been thinking about mine since I posted them in January...I wonder how I'm doing"
So I'm going to follow her lead and post a little check in for myself.
unsourced via Pintrest
- keep up with the Link Love series. - Success! I've been posting every two weeks without fail! I've found the trick is to always have a new "Link Love" post in draft and I add to it while I'm surfing the internet and something catches my eye.
- share more of my collection with you in my Show and Tell series. - Success! I just finished posting my entire purse and clutch collection and am fired up to show you more really soon! I got such amazing response from you guys on this! I'm hoping some of you follow suit like you said you would and post your own collections! I love seeing other peoples treasures and geeking out about them as much as you do!
- don't worry so much about taking a million photos for a post. - Working on it. Most of my posts have been pretty picture heavy this year so far, but I keep reminding myself that little check in posts are ok too.
- keep working on planning ahead when it comes to posts so I can keep posting regularly. - Success! Despite being busy with work I have keep up with blogging since the new year. I have posted at least once or twice a week and I'm really proud of myself. I am a bit bummed I didn't post an outfit in February, but I'll keep working on that.
Conclusion: Blogging goals seem to be in good form despite me not consciously "working" on them. But as I said in my original post, these are not new 2014 goals, but ones I have been working on and thinking about little by little for some time now.
- Get rid of things we/I don't need/use. - Working on it. I have a massive pile of stuff to donate in my basement that I keep adding to. And I've even got The Boy putting things in it (which is a bit of a miracle, because he is more of a hoarder than I am!!). We just have to take it to the thrift store when I'm finished this job. And I plan on continuing with the purge after that as well. So even though some might see that as a success, I am saying 'working on it' because I see more work to be done.
- And further to that. I'd like to follow the William Morris quote: 'Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful'. - ??? Hm. maybe this isn't really a goal, but more of a philosophy to keep in mind while I purge and work on the house.
- Keep working on our house. - Working on it. I have big big plans to FINALLY paint our kitchen after this gig finishes. I pumped up and ready to tackle the job after 5 years of living in this house (that and I've come to the conclusion my dream IKEA kitchen is another few years away and I can't stand my kitchen in its current state anymore! lol!). Wish me luck!
- Shop less - Shop my closet more. - Success! I have made a few thrift purchases, one Etsy purchase and one retail purchase this year. So in total probably less than $120 spent - which for me is a big deal! I have been seriously contemplating every impulse to buy and really curbing my spending. Right now dreams of kitchen paint are keeping me from buying a leather jacket at Le Chateau or a vintage silk kimono on Etsy I've been eyeing. Also doing laundry regularly and keep my favourite clothes clean in my closet seem to be helping...who would've thought?! lol!!
Conclusion: Personal goals still in progress. Although they are a bit loftier than my blogging goals, I think. However, I am working towards every single one and that makes me happy. Baby steps people. That's all I need. :)
Soooo....it seems that I've picked some good goals overall for myself. I seem to be unconsciously working on all of them. I don't need daily reminders or personal pep talks to make these happen. And THAT is my ultimate goal. Have goals that become imbedded in me, so I am always working on improving myself and my surroundings.
How do you keep track of your goals? Did you make any resolutions (anti-resolutions?) this year? How are you doing?