Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Personality Style Challenge for Brilliant Earth

Last week I was contacted by the folks at Brilliant Earth - makers of ethical origin fine jewelry - and asked to take part in their blogger Personality Style Challenge.

If you know me well, you are aware that I'm a bit of a magpie ("bit of a" might also be a HUGE understatement!!) and I cannot resist anything that sparkles. And if you've read this blog for a long time you know that I am not in the habit of partnering with companies, so you know this one had to speak to me.

Before I get to the style challenge, let me introduce you to this fantastic company:

Brilliant Earth is a jewelry company with a cause. They are committed to offering quality diamonds and fine jewelry which are ethically sourced. At the same time offering great service as well as contributing to the jewellery industry - donating 5% of their profits to benefit communities affected by the blood diamond trade and the jewellery industry.

I know that can all seem pretty heavy for a little lifestyle/fashion blog, but diamonds are fashion and I think most people forget that lives can be on the line in the diamond trade. If you purchase your wedding ring/engagement ring/diamond earrings from a company like Brilliant Earth you can rest assured that you are part of the solution and not the problem. I like that. Fashion with a conscious. This is part of the reason I like to shop second hand - it reduces waste and reuses perfectly good - and sometimes stunningly beautiful - clothing that might otherwise be unused.

And more to that note, I was also quite excited to learn that Brilliant Earth offers a curated selection of antique jewelry, engagement and wedding rings. Please click the links and prepare to swoon (Christmas is only 8 days away people! haha!)


So now that you've had a proper introduction, onto the style challenge! I was sent a list of personalities with corresponding jewellery from Brilliant Earth and was asked to make a style board to compliment the jewelry and personality of my choice. It wasn't a tough decision. I had to pick the vintage girl - who loves vintage dresses and thrift store shopping (sound like anyone you know?!?!).
I've called her "Vintage Loving Gal"





1. The Promenade Earrings - Brilliant Earth
4. Cream Leather Motorcycle Jacket - Danier Leather
6. White Gold Hudson Ring - Brilliant Earth
7. Eternity Diamond Ring - Brilliant Earth


Choosing Brilliant Earth's antique and vintage inspired jewelry was a no-brainer for me…I mean, The Promenade Earrings…they've got me seriously swooning. Please, click on the link above or enlarge my collage to see them clearer…you won't be disappointed.
I also love their choice of rings for the vintage loving gal - the Hudson Ring and the Tiara Eternity Diamond ring - both in white gold. They are both beautiful and classic with just enough vintage style without being garish. I would wear them on the same hand or stack them on one finger for maximum bling.

I've paired the jewelry with an outfit I would wear in a heartbeat any day of the week, chosen from my favourite modern retailers and peppered with vintage accessories from Etsy. I think I could even manage to wear this outfit to work with flats!

As usual, it's all about the mix. I love the bling, not only from Brilliant Earth's jewelry, but also in rhinestones on the vintage hat paired with a tough, but chic leather motorcycle jacket from Danier Leather. For me, no outfit is complete without a fabric flower - here on the polka dot blouse. Which I hope would poke out above the collar on the jacket.

More feminine detailing in the delicate 1930's clutch - a nice counter balance to the graphic print on the blouse.

The high waisted teal pants are not only a nod to vintage fashion, but also right on trend both in colour and fit - the best of both worlds, in my opinion. And I couldn't help but pair them with a beautiful pair of vintage 40's platform pumps in a similar colour.

And no vintage loving gal's outfit is complete without some lipstick. What better shade than MAC's bold Ruby Woo?


I had a lot of fun taking part in this challenge (Brilliant Earth will pick 3 winners to be featured on their Pintrest page this Friday!) and frankly, I think my credit card is in danger right now - I am seriously debating buying myself that outfit. Or at least the hat and the clutch! haha! And I've also let The Boy know about Brilliant Earth…you know, in case he finds he needs to do some jewellery shopping for me…*hint hint*.

What do you think of my style board? Anything you would add? Subtract? 

Lisa.xo



Disclaimer: This post is part of Brilliant Earth's blogger Personality Style Challenge. 
All opinions are my own.

2 comments:

  1. What a terrific post and introduction to Brilliant Earth. I don't believe I'd caught wind of them before, thank you for bringing this line and site to my attention. I wouldn't change a think of about your swoon-worthily chic vintage inspired ensemble. The colour palette and choice of pieces all work fantastically together. Awesome styling, my dear!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I could see you wearing the exact outfit you put on the style board! Very tasteful. XO

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear feedback from readers!

Check back or sign up for follow up comments! I do my best to answer all of your comments and questions right here!

Thanks for sharing!!

Lisa.xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...