Sunday, December 8, 2013

Colour Need Not Apply

I am practicing what I preach this winter. I keep posting inspiration posts with all black outfits and I have barely worn any colour at all since before the snow melted! I'm hooked!
I've been mixing it up with some white and grey, but colour has definitely taken a backseat in this winters wardrobe.

Here are some of my favourites:

* top - Joe Fresh * belt - thrifted * dress - thrifted, from Buffalo * pumps - vintage *

* sweater - thrifted, Club Monaco * bird brooch - vintage * skinny jeans - Forever 21 * belt - Jacob * riding boots - thrifted *

* cardigan - thrifted, Joe Fresh * tee - thrifted * flower brooch - Ricki's * skirt - Debbie's Vintage * pumps - Forever 21 *

* sweater - thrifted, Issac Mizrahi for Target * necklace - Le Chateau * skinny jeans - Forever 21 * belt - Jacob * boots - Le Chateau * 


Do you snuggle up in dark colours for the winter months? Or do you combat the cold with bright hues?


Lisa.xo




6 comments:

  1. Perfect backdrop for these chic B&W winter ensembles. Colour is something I'm keen on all year round, but I too do tend to reach for black more during the winter than any other season, commonly partnering it with white and/or grey and/or red. In fact, I wore those hues so much last winter that at some point I had to start making a mental note to sport a few others, least all my outfit posts ended up looking too similar to each other (if only in my own eyes)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's the rug in my dressing room: IKEA.
      I used to scold myself for wearing too much black in the winter, but I've fully embraced it this year.
      I always love your colourful outfits! The way you pair colours is very inspiring.

      Lisa.xo

      Delete
  2. eeeek, the striped shoes are so fun. ... and the two tone vintage pumps totally hit the nail!

    i wear quite a lot brown these days ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The striped pumps were an impulse purchase at Forever 21. I knew if I waited to buy them they would be gone. I've worn them so much since I bought them I don't regret it a bit!
      The two toned pumps used to belong to my bf's great aunt Mary. She was a tiny little woman with killer style.

      Lisa.

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, you have some great thrifted finds - those boots in the second photo are exactly what I've been keeping my eye out for. Love the black and white inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I would say a good 3/4 of my wardrobe is thrifted and vintage. The boots were a recent thrifting coup - I've been on the hunt for great leather riding boots second hand for 3 years now and just bought these at Salvation Army 4 weeks ago for $10!! They're made in Canada, all leather with a lined interior, perfect for winter. I couldn't believe my luck. It's just proof that with perseverance and patience you can find great deals thrifting.

      Lisa.

      Delete

I always love to hear feedback from readers!

Check back or sign up for follow up comments! I do my best to answer all of your comments and questions right here!

Thanks for sharing!!

Lisa.xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...