I had another vintage dress all picked out to wear to dinner yesterday, but once I repaired it (the fabric was shredding at the shoulder seams from being hung improperly) I decided it wasn't what I wanted to wear.
Deep down I knew I wanted to wear my new Jenny skirt in Burlesque print from Pinup Girl Clothing. So I broke with tradition and wore it.
Matching Vintage Pink Rhinestone Earrings and Necklace: Were my Grandma Nelsons
Beaded Black Bustier: Forever 21
Pink Flower Brooch (worn at waist): Smart Set
Jenny skirt in Burlesque Print: Pinup Girl Clothing
(unseen) Black Vintage Crinoline: gift from Krista
Black Peep Toe Pumps: thrifted, Value Village
Vintage Pink Shoe Clips: Ragpickers
(hard to see, but it's there) 30's/40's Black Cord Purse: thrifted, Value Village
We had dinner at Cibo Waterfront Cafe. The interior design and location on the Red River was beautiful. Our food was delicious, but we were a bit disappointed with the service - it wasn't terrible, but we expected more for the menu price point. We had fun regardless.
My girls: Jenny on the left, Leyan on the right.
After dinner we went to a Winnipeg landmark: Nucci's Gelati.
I had an amazing day! I have the best friends - they are the ones that make it special. :)
Lisa.xo



Well, happy birthday! You look beautiful!x
ReplyDeleteThe top was from forever21! I love how full the skirt looks a completely wonderful outfit and your laughing photos are always great. Glad you had a great b-day!
ReplyDeleteThat skirt is amazing! I think you made the right choice by wearing it.
ReplyDeleteI live pretty close to Nucci's and am there far too often in the summer. So delicious!
You look gorgeous. The skirt is just beautiful on you. I love the bold colors and it looks like there is so much happiness floating about:) A lovely post!
ReplyDeleteThat skirt is absolutely stunning! Wish I could pull off something like that x
ReplyDeleteThe perks of being a hipster
So cute! Great outfit. And your friends look super-nice.
ReplyDeleteYou look sensational!!! So glam and vixen-eseque. You're the first blogger I've seen sport that fab skirt in person. It's so fun and flirty and really looks awesome on you (adore how you styled it, BTW). I hope the year ahead is every bit as wonderful as your birthday celebration was, sweet gal!
ReplyDelete♥ Jessica