Saturday, July 5, 2014

Outfits: Pre-Birthday Dress

Tomorrow is my birthday. We're just about to round up the dogs and head to my Mom's for dinner.

It's a ridiculous 40 degrees Celsius with the humidity today. That might bother some people, but I love it. The hotter the better! And I knew just the dress to wear.
This dress was a serious impulse purchase.  I was browsing through Etsy on my phone during a show I was stage managing last winter. It popped up at $30 and I knew it would be perfect for summer. And at that price I couldn't go wrong. After shipping I paid less than $40 for this gorgeous dress and I couldn't be happier. It's in incredible condition and it's perfect for hot summer days like today.





Late 40's/Early 50's (I can't decide which it is!) Purple Vintage Cotton Dress: Etsy (can't remember the seller)
Purple Flower Earrings: Ricki's
Purple and White Flower Brooches: Ricki's
White Vintage Belt: Ragpickers
White Peep Toe Wedges: Le Chateau
50's Bamboo Cage Purse: Thrifted, Value Village


Lisa.xo



6 comments:

  1. Yay happy birthday!! It's such a stunning dress and definitely a great steal! You look fabulous in it - I am also having a huge hair envy right now! :) Hope you have a fantastic birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hip-hip-horray for your special day!!! My dear friend, with all my heart, I wish you a truly sensational, fun filled, and super enjoyable birthday and year ahead. It's so cool that a birthday celebration in the first half of July is yet another thing that we have in common. Canadian vintage twinsies? I rather think so!!! :)

    Tons of hugs & happy birthday wishes!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! That is such a beautiful dress, and I love your little flower earrings. Great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Early Birthday!

    What a score on this dress! It's marvelous! You really don't see purple all that often!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab find that dress, it looks great on you. Happy Birthday! I do hope you've been spoilt, or will be, depending on our time difference! P x

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear feedback from readers!

Check back or sign up for follow up comments! I do my best to answer all of your comments and questions right here!

Thanks for sharing!!

Lisa.xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...