Wednesday, November 14, 2012

School Tour Manitoba

Like I said at the end of my last post, I spent the better part of last week touring the show I was working on around rural Manitoba.

It was my first time working on a school tour (but not my last! my next contract is also a school tour). It was eye opening spending so many days at various high school and middle schools all around Manitoba. I went to a performing arts high school and until two weeks ago never really realized how privileged my high school "career" was.

I wouldn't be working in theatre if I had not gone to the school I went to. How different would my life had been if I had gone to a regular high school?

I guess I wouldn't have found myself driving around Manitoba in a one ton van full of a compact-able set, costumes and prop bins!
Thankfully the cast for this show was fun and the girls had just as much of a thrifting bug as I did! We scoped out the thrift store in almost every small town we visited (time allowing).

I was so busy working I only had time to take a few photos.

Most importantly, a shot of my coffee in the morning. I brought fresh beans, my coffee grinder and my French press. When away from home it is very important to bring delicious creature comforts.


The only other photo worth sharing is of me and (most) of the cast in the bar in Winnipegosis. We had such a great time that night! The staff unlocked the pool tables for us and we played for free all night. They also bought us a couple rounds of shots! We were treated like kings! lol!



Stay tuned tomorrow for some of my rural thrift finds!

Lisa.xo

2 comments:

  1. How exciting that you were able to thrift on the road. I can't wait to see some of the treasures you unearthed from various corners of Manitoba!

    ♥ Jessica

    *PS*

    Forever me if I mentioned this before, but did you know, I've been to and/or lived in B.C., Alberta, Saskatchewan and Ontario, but haven't yet had a chance to see Manitoba? Nuts, I know, and all the more reason why Tony and I hope one day to travel across Canada from side to side and top to bottom (I also briefly visited Quebec once in the dead of winter while a blizzard was raging, but really want to see it again a slower pace and hopefully during better weather).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love rural thrift shopping! The Boy and I head to southern Manitoba with relative frequency and I do some there, but never northern Manitoba. It was fun! I did have to be a bit careful what I bought though, only so much room in my bag! lol!
      My next contract is another school tour and I'll be doing some more northern Manitoba travelling. I can't wait to do it again! Maybe not so much the winter driving, but the thrifting, yes!

      You did mention that you'd never been to Manitoba. Winters here can be very cold an sometimes gloomy, so I always recommend that first time visitors come in the summer. The prairies are beautiful in the summer; we have great weather, our mosquito problem has been lessening with the addition of an amazing entomologist to our provincial government and there are a million and one things to do during the Winnipeg summers.

      Drop me a line if you ever make it here! I'll show you around town! :)

      Lisa.xo

      Delete

I always love to hear feedback from readers!

Check back or sign up for follow up comments! I do my best to answer all of your comments and questions right here!

Thanks for sharing!!

Lisa.xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...