Saturday, November 17, 2012

Inspiration: Fur

As you may, or may not know, I love vintage fur. It could be the unbearably cold place in which I live, but there is something so sumptuous and cozy about wearing fur.

Luckily for me, Pintrest has provided my brain with lots of fur fodder. Here are some vintage lovin' gals rocking fur (be it faux or the real deal) for your viewing pleasure too!

source via Pintrest

source via Pintrest


source via Pintrest

source via Pintrest

unknown source via Pintrest

source via Pintrest




I realize that fur can be a touchy issue for some folks. Please note that this blog is for light-hearted, entertainment purposes and any negative or overtly political comments will not be approved. Constructive criticism and genuine debate on the other hand are welcome. :)
Thanks for understanding!



Lisa.xo

9 comments:

  1. The last three ones are my favorites! They look wonderful! I got a lot of things made with fake fur and I love to wear them in winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fur too (I have only faux ones), I love the picture of that girl looking a bit like Dita, any ideas who is she? Couldnt find anything in a source, she looks amazing (and her fur collar too!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea who she is. Sorry about the source link, I linked to the webpage Pintrest directed me too. I just had a look and it unfortunately doesn't bring you to that particular post. She is lovely though, isn't she. That might be my favourite image.

      Lisa.xo

      Delete
    2. Awe, too bad, I thought she might be a pin up model, a really lovely lady! :)

      Delete
  3. I am a huge fan of vintage furs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't own any real fur (I have an odd fear of PETA) but I have an army-type jacket that has a fur shawl-collar and cinched waist. It feels so 40s and is a nice mix of masculine and feminine. A bit ago, I wrote about the whole fur "issue". Here's a link, if your interested or whatnot. http://lingerieandlibraries.wordpress.com/2011/12/09/fashion-fridays-the-furry-economy-presented-to-you-by-philosophy/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore vintage fur, too - be it real or faux. I have a black 1950s faux fur cap that is so heavy one can only wear it comfortably when the temps really start to take a nosedive. Good thing I'm a Canadian chica, too, and thus my cap can get plenty of play each winter. Love the photos you selected for this post - definitely inspiring outfits for sure!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear feedback from readers!

Check back or sign up for follow up comments! I do my best to answer all of your comments and questions right here!

Thanks for sharing!!

Lisa.xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...