Thrift stores who deem anything vintage a "costume" flood the rack with beauties from bygone eras for low prices. I'm in a thrift store at least once a week this time of year.
I ventured out yesterday and brought home these goodies.
Three amazing dresses. The pink one and shiny one don't fit me, but the black and white one fits perfectly!
I bought the men's western shirt to sell, but I'm thinking about making the kimono jacket my new housecoat. It's a large, but looks kinda cute belted on me. We'll see...
The embroidery on the men's shirt is in perfect condition!
Perhaps the best haul of the day: a tooled leather purse! I may also sell this one as I have one I love already. The bamboo clutch I'm keeping for sure though. It's amazing!
Lisa.xo




Whaaaaat That bamboo clutch is amazing it was not there when I was there or else I would have bought that:P I will be posting about these dresses on my blog this week too, glad they found a good vintage loving home and did become a just a "costume" The striped one was too big for me it is so great that it fits you:) the purple one fit me but I am too short to pull off that length I need my dresses at the knee. Looking forward to more thrift hauls just don't tell me they are from the one by my house again:P
ReplyDeleteThe men's shirt, kimono and purses I bought at the garden city VV. I was at my girlfriend's house bragging about my purchases and then she wanted to go. The garden city VV is closest to their house.
DeleteI wish you could have seen my face when I saw that tulle dress on Sunday! I knew I'd seen that dress before. :) Had you considered hemming the bottom of the dress to a more suitable length for you? I do this with vintage all the time.
And...sorry to say, but most of my thrifting hauls are from the unicity VV. lol! But there seems to be enough to go around. ;)
Lisa.
ooh good to know I thought they were all from the same store and you had the best thrifting day ever! You still had a great week!
DeleteI alter vintage cardigans and tops but even though I don't collect vintage dresses I can't seem to bring myself to alter one just yet, if it would have been missing the makers tag I probably won't have had less guilt.
There does seem to be enough to go around! maybe I will see you there one day that one is my secret fave.
I have no problem taking in or hemming a vintage dress. I have issues with people who alter the integrity and design of a good quality vintage piece.
DeletePlease! If you see me at VV or Goodwill, come say hi!! You have the advantage of knowing what I look like. It would be awesome to meet you!
Lisa.
i hope you had a great day off work.
ReplyDeleteyour finds look amazing. i can't wait to see you wearing the striped dress. ... tha tooled leather bag i would buy right away!!!
sadly we don't have those huge thrift store like goodwill and st. vincents... here in europe. (halloween isn't that big here either) so i miss the chance to jump into the game to rescue some lovely vintage dresses from being a costume.
Thank you!
DeleteI'm looking forward to wearing the striped dress too! Maybe sometime around Christmas or New Years. We'll see. :)
Lisa.
OH my god! I'm dying! Those are all such FANTASTIC finds! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteA few of our thrift stores have put out Halloween, but not all yet. *sigh*
xoxo
-Janey
Thank you! It was a good day. And all for under $100. Which is pretty amazing.
DeleteThe thrift stores seem to be putting out vintage at Halloween earlier and earlier every year.
Lisa.