After T-shirts I contined with the purge and moved onto sweaters.
Here's the breakdown:
Total Number of Sweaters: 6
Total Number of Cardigans: 20
For some reason this catagory seemed tougher. I wear a lot of these sweaters regularly, so I could only justify getting rid of a few.
Like this one. I fell in love with it (for some reason) at Goodwill and waited until it was 50% off. I cannot bring myself to wear it. When I put it on I feel silly in it.
So it's going to the shop.
You might remember this sweater from this post. I bought in on impulse. I should never do that. This sweater makes me feel like a line backer. Too much puff in the ruffles at the shoulders.
Sadly, this one didn't make the cut either.
In the end I didn't do as well as I did with the t-shirts., but on the other hand the keepers are in heavy rotation right now. Here are the numbers:
Number of Sweaters Remaining: 13 (from 20)
Number of Cardigans Remaining: 4 (from 6 )
Total Remaining: 17
On a bright note I really feel like the only thing I'm missing in the sweater/cardigan department is a great casual chunky knit for layering.
So that's a plus.
I've also got a few sweaters which made the cut this round, but remain on the hit list. If I don't wear them this winter they're out. Winter has yet to come. I didn't want to leave myself too short. It gets cold here.
Next on the list was blouses.
And the numbers:
Total Number of Blouses: 21
Quick story about this next top: I LOVE this blouse! (I know it's a tank top, but it's in a very blouse-like material so I consider it to be in the Blouse catagory) I love wearing it with khakis or denim shorts in the summer.
But I was VERY on the fence about keeping it.
For two reasons:1. I didn't wear it this year. AND
2. It had aquired a spot on the lace which I can't remove:
I told myself at the beginning of this that anything stained would have to go.
So good-bye it went.
Maybe I'm getting better at this!!
I'm not gonna lie though, I really felt like I was on What Not to Wear. But I was Stacey, Clinton and Lisa all rolled into one. I was mentally beating myself up about some of the stuff I had in my closet. Like "why do you have so many old t-shirts?", "Who cares if this is comfortable?! It's ugly!" "Does this even fit you anymore?". I'm not sure if it was sad or funny.
I promise you I never answered myself once.
Then I had a break through! When I pulled this top out off the rack I thought "I forgot I owned this top! I love this top!"
This is everything I want my new wardrobe to become:
-sexy
-feminine
-sophisticated
-yes! sophisticated with a twist!
-or better yet! sophisticated with a vintage twist.
So I will be keeping this in mind while I shop.
But before I forget. Here's how I landed on blouses after editing:
Total Remaining Blouses: 17 (from 28)
I am Missing:
1 classic white well fitting long sleeve blouse
This break-through helped inform some of my decisions as I went through the rest of my stuff. Keeping this style idea in mind really helped me decide whether to keep items or not.
I kept this top out as inspiration as I contiued editing.
Next on my list is Blazers, Suits and Skirts. Stay Tuned! I've also got some inspiration photos tucked away to show you and I promise the return of outfit photos as I try to redefine my style!
Lisa. xo
This is great, I LOVE a good wardrobe sort out. You are being very committed, well done. Such a shame about the stain on that beautiful slip top, but I'm glad you 'discovered' something new to make up for the loss!
ReplyDeletei cant believe you got rid of the super cute ruffled sweater!! Oh well, i do understand. impulse buying is my biggest vice... shoes, fabric, clothes... they pile up and have no use what so ever!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete