Friday, May 30, 2014

Comedy of Errors

So here's the official plug for my latest work project keeping me from blogging regularly.

I'm back at The St. Norbert Ruins with Shakespeare in the Ruins presenting one of Shakespeare's funniest and silliest comedies: The Comedy of Errors.




This is what SIR has to say about the play:

Everyone is seeing double in the legendary town of Epheseus. Following the fortunes of not one, but two, sets of identical twins, Shakespeare’s comedy of mistaken identity is soaked in effervescent humour with a hint of the absurd. These men, separated as boys by a shipwreck, are about to have their lives and loves turned upside down. Canadian theatre superstar Ron Jenkins directs and our cast of actors are ready to entertain. And the magical ruins of the Trappist Monastery Provincial Heritage Park are your unforgettable backdrop.

Shakespeare in the Ruins presents its shows in a promenade style - where you travel from place to place in the park, guided by the actors, to watch different scenes of the play. It's a lot of fun! If you live in and around Winnipeg I highly recommend making the trek out to the park to watch the show. Feeling intimidated by Shakespeare? Don't be. Comedy of Errors is a great show to watch if you are unfamiliar with The Bard's work - it's light-hearted and filled with physical comedy. 




I've got a soft spot for this show. I performed in it with another local company Theatre by the River in 2006. 

Me and my friend Rod (as Luciana & Antipholus of Syracuse). 
Rod also happens to be performing in SIR's version of Comedy of Errors. 


If you'd like to book tickets for SIR's production of Comedy of Errors click here.


Lisa.xo 

6 comments:

  1. I didn't know that you acted, how marvellous! I hope the production's a success x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't acted in a number of years. The last time I was onstage was in 2010...feels like it was ages ago.
      Acting is what led me to stage managing.

      Lisa.

      Delete
  2. I played Luciana in the musical version of it 'the boys from Syracuse' and absolutely loved the whole thing! Wish i coyld you see this x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen 'The Boys from Syracuse'. I do hear it was made into a movie in 1940 though.

      Lisa.

      Delete
  3. How wonderfully cool! You are a woman of many talents and I love learning about each new (as in, I didn't previously know about it) one that you share here with us. It's cool to see you with blonde hair. Was that a wig or your own hair coloured blonde?

    Thank you very much for all of your fantastic blog comments yesterday, sweet Lisa. Your visits always brighten my day so much! (Agreed, that Lolly Doll gingham dress could pass as the genuine vintage deal anytime.)

    Tons of hugs & happy start of June wishes!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is my own hair! In my natural colour as a matter of fact. Yup. I'm a blonde. :)

      My reader is so full of unread blogs! I feel overwhelmed when that happens! Happy to finally catch up on yours and see what you've been up to.

      Take care, my friend.
      Lisa.

      Delete

I always love to hear feedback from readers!

Check back or sign up for follow up comments! I do my best to answer all of your comments and questions right here!

Thanks for sharing!!

Lisa.xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...