Thursday, August 7, 2014

Outfits: Navy and Black Totally Go Together

I threw this outfit together today. I had some errands to run in the afternoon and rehearsal this evening. I have been wearing dresses all week, but wanted to put on something a little more casual. Plus, I wanted to wear my new Miss L Fire Bluebird Sandals (!!). Yup. I bought them. No. Regrets.

I bought this navy blouse at a sample sale way back when I worked at Ricki's. I have worn it less than 10 times since then, but for some reason I never want to get rid of it when I'm culling my wardrobe. It never fails, I put it on and I remember how much I love it.

And I must mention my sailor shorts as well. I have been on the hunt for a pair of navy or black sailor shorts for years now, but I have A) been too cheap to pull the trigger on an expensive pair online B) haven't been able to find a pair with the right rise in a local retail store. This summer, as usual, Value Village came to the rescue and I bought these shorts there. And I paid $3 for them!!! You heard me. Patience and persistance paid off as usual and I got a very nice pair of sailor shorts at the thrift store for less than a Starbuck's coffee!! I had to replace one button and take them in at the back, but that took very little time. I've worn these shorts SOO many times this summer. They just seem to go with everything.








Navy Atomic Print Blouse: Ricki's
White Flower Brooch: Ricki's
Vintage Metalwork Butterfly Brooch: Etsy . The Paris Carousel
Black Sailor Shorts: Thrifted
Black Metal Bracelet: Le Chateau
Vintage Straw Purse: Thrifted
Cat Eye Sunglasses: Rhymes with Orange


Lisa.xo

4 comments:

  1. OMG, so cute! Everything in this outfit makes my heart sing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this on instagram and loved it so so much! Love that you layered up the brooches, the blouse and shoes go so well together. Keeping stuff paid off:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfit :) And those shoes are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, they massively do, and we need to banish this dated notion that the two don't make for good sartorial bedfellows. You're living, stylish proof here that they most certainly work well together and look both classic and becoming in the same go!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear feedback from readers!

Check back or sign up for follow up comments! I do my best to answer all of your comments and questions right here!

Thanks for sharing!!

Lisa.xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...