Thursday, January 1, 2015

Outfits: New Years Eve

The Boy and I spent New Years Eve with a small group of friends. We had a few drinks (I'm thankfully not hung over as I write this. Just a faint throb in my head. Nothing coffee and breakfast won't cure), we ate some delicious food and ended the night with a game of Cards Against Humanity.


I knew it was going to be a more casual evening, but I still wanted to wear something festive. For a girl who is attracted to sparkly things like a magpie I really don't have too many dressy separates. Then I remembered that I bought this tank from Value Village during Halloween this year. It's a bit like beaded chain mail. The entire tank except for the straps is beaded with a lining behind it. I paid under $7 for it because it was on the costume rack. I'm very sure a similar tank at a retailer would be close to $100. It's a very well made piece of clothing and I'm happy to have found it.





Vintage Rhinestone Earrings: thrifted
Black Bolero with Rhinestone Clasp: Laura Petites
Beaded Tank Top: thrifted, Value Village
Black High-waisted Skinny Jeans: Forever21
Vintage Rhinestone Bracelet: thrifted
Black Ankle Boots: George


I am very happy to welcome 2015. I'm eager for a few fresh starts in some areas of my life. 2014 wasn't all bad, but I'm glad it's over. There are some exciting things on the horizon both in my professional and personal life and I'm looking forward to them. 


Lisa.xo

6 comments:

  1. I thought I was going to have to wait until Friday to see the break down of this outfit! I am 100% going the have to wear my dress clips like this on a cardigan. It is vintage inspired but has a really nice causal take to it, lovely as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely outfit! Happy New Year xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the NYE outfit. The peek of sparkle is just right. Your fashion-instinct always hits the target.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It definitely is "simpler" but damn those bling really sparkles your outfit! You always look amazing anyway - I think it's your lovely hair and pout!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thoroughly fabulous New Year's Eve look! IMO, that is the high holy day for all things sparkly, shimmery and glittery and you honoured that fact superbly wit your fashion choices. What a cool VV find! Our local store stocks (new) Halloween merch aplenty, but hasn't done a garment rack for costumes in ages (though I always make sure to check each year, in the hopes that I can save any vintage that might land there from the fate of becoming a tattered zombie prom queen or similar ensemble).

    Here's to an amazing year ahead, sweet gal!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ADORE this outfit! It is so sleek and chic! That top is marvelous and what a score!!

    Happy New Year!
    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear feedback from readers!

Check back or sign up for follow up comments! I do my best to answer all of your comments and questions right here!

Thanks for sharing!!

Lisa.xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...