Saturday, February 1, 2014

A Week Off

I took an unexpected week off from blogging. I was working on two shows at the same time and if you've been hanging around for a while you know it tends to take over my life.

One show is in it's performance run. I was the props and costume co-ordinator for Ivanov at Winnipeg Jewish Theatre. I also consulted on hair and makeup (the show is set in 1952! Right up my alley!).

The show received some stellar reviews this week. CBC's review from Joff Schmidt can be found here. The Winnipeg Free Press review from Kevin Prokosh can be found here.

If you live in Winnipeg you can still buy tickets for the remaining performances of the show here.




The other show I'm assistant stage managing on hasn't started rehearsals yet. I'm still in prep. I'm back at Prairie Theatre Exchange for their production of The Valley by Joan McLeod (I stage managed the Munsch tour for them last winter).


“… a close, clear-eyed look at our society – one where individual rights and freedoms are constantly clashing with the desire to protect, at home and on the streets.” – Globe and Mail

An altercation on a Vancouver SkyTrain between a police officer and a severely-depressed teenager escalates into violence – and the young man is injured. The event sends ripples out through the community, sending the two families into deeper examinations of what they hold dear, long after the injury has healed. Was it police brutality, or a cop just trying to do his job – which more and more involves being on the front lines of dealing with the mentally ill?  Ultimately, it is an exploration of how taking responsibility for our actions becomes a measure of maturity, about the painful experience of "growing up", and how that process never really stops. A timely and thought-provoking play about the power of forgiveness, written by one of Canada's most important playwrights. 

description borrowed from PTE's website. 


The play doesn't open until February 27th, but tickets are available in advance here if you're in Winnipeg and want to see this show. 


Ok. That is all. Just wanted to do some shameless self promotion and let you in on where I've been for the last week. We will resume our regularly scheduled programming shortly.. :)


Lisa.xo




2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I admire your work. I love theater and see as much as I can. (I'm going to "Kinky Boots" and "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" soon.) The people who make theatrical art are creating beauty and joy in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so cool that your work sometimes ties into your passion for the past. I bet you helped style those early 50s looks so well Edith Head herself would be proud.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear feedback from readers!

Check back or sign up for follow up comments! I do my best to answer all of your comments and questions right here!

Thanks for sharing!!

Lisa.xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...