Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Wishing for Snow Seems So Wrong...

But I'm dying to wear my new-to-me vintage winter coat.

I have always wanted a green fur trimmed vintage wool coat, but when I find them they are miles too big for me or are too worn for me to consider buying them.

Until yesterday...I was hunting at Value Village for Halloween costumes (no, not vintage for the hoard collection...actual halloween costumes for The Boy and his brother) and I found this coat. I was afraid to try it on...I really couldn't afford it this week, but it fit like a glove and I couldn't leave it there...it's my vintage dream coat people!!




It was +20 Celsius today...which is unseasonably warm for October in Winnipeg and all I can think about is snow..I just want to wear this coat.

Lisa.xo

7 comments:

  1. Amazing find!! A vintage winter coat is forever on my dream list but I am so so petite I drown in almost every coat I have ever tired on. I have been having bad luck at VV lately posts like this make me keep up the hope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a modern size small, so it's not an impossible task, but i do find that most vintage coats are too big.
      That being said, I have had some luck in the past few years and now own 3 coats.
      Keep searching! You'll find one! Also, I bought all of my coats during the summer or during warmer weather.
      And I bought this coat at our VV! But, I agree...it has seemed picked over in the last week or so...

      Lisa.

      Delete
  2. Dear goodness, that is is a right, proper stunner, if ever there was. I'm thrilled for you that you found your dream coat - at Value Village, to boot (proof positive that the odd, awesome vintage find can still be unearthed there). Many happy congrats - I hope you two have many wonderful years together!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. That coat is so beautiful *sigh* I keep seeing so much gorgeous winter fashion popping up now that it's getting colder on the other side of the world and I am pretty jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful coat.
    coat season has fully arrived in germany. luckily i found some great vintage coats and jackets this year, that makes it a little easier for me to fight the chilly weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! This is marvelous! What a FAB color of green too!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly nice find, that coat. Does it bother you as much as me that VV only sells vintage during the Halloween season now? I asked an employee and was told they save it all for the Halloween season. I have found a few choice items over the last few weeks. Another couple of weeks and it will all be packed away again in VV's storage. Sad.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear feedback from readers!

Check back or sign up for follow up comments! I do my best to answer all of your comments and questions right here!

Thanks for sharing!!

Lisa.xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...