Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Outfits: Blue Streak

The weather in Winnipeg has cooled off early this year and so has my penchant for pink. Back to blues. After cleaning out my collection a bit (both in my hoard and personal wardrobe) I remembered that I have a few neglected dresses. This being one of them. 
It's a mid-century handmade housedress which still bears a few small stains from housecleaning tucked among the pattern. This doesn't bother me a bit - it tells the story of the dress. 

I'm sadly counting down the days until I'm back at work. Two weeks of holidays left. I'm trying to make the most of them and doing some planning for the blog so I don't abandon you all again when I start work (wish me luck!). 



To The Boy: "What do you think I'm doing?! I'm taking blog photos!" Yeesh...







The perfect photobomb. I had my "serious blogger" face on and everything....thanks Dave. lol


50's Cotton House Dress: Ragtime (in Ottawa)
Polka Dot Floral Brooch: Ardene
Vintage Navy Leather Belt: Thrifted
Vintage Tooled Leather Purse: Thrifted, Value Village
Striped Peep Toe Wedges: Forever 21


Lisa.xo


8 comments:

  1. What a lovely dress - I definitely love the pattern, simplicity, and the stains! You are spot on - it's lovely when a dress bears a story! LOL at your photobomber!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      My pup photobombs more of my outfit photos than I would like! But he's just so damn cute...he wants in on the action! lol

      Lisa.

      Delete
  2. I personally love your photo's the candid shots are so great. I have yet to master the art of self photography. The last photo bomb is so cute! I am loving those striped heels as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!
    I still have much to learn about self photography, but practice is the key. And good light. The tripod is definitely helping as well.

    Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is darling! And I adore the tooled leather purse too!

    I totally feel you about neglecting certain pieces. I have a small stash that needs to go to the dry-cleaners that I haven't dealt with yet, and I feel so guilty!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh my goodness, that is one of the absolute loveliest tooled leather purses I've ever seen. I love the deeply grooved roses - so gorgeous and perfect for the second half of summer, when gardens near and far are still alive with a bevy of blooms.

    Isn't it interesting how one's tastes in certain colours can wax and wane with the seasons? I'm still loving green this year, but am already thinking ahead to my next "feature" colour (purple) and others I might want to add more to my wardrobe this fall and winter.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I think that this is one of the best posts you’ve ever published. Keep going! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. the bag is so beautiful ... i'm wearing less brown bags and shoes for a little while ... and i actually own a lot.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear feedback from readers!

Check back or sign up for follow up comments! I do my best to answer all of your comments and questions right here!

Thanks for sharing!!

Lisa.xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...