Saturday, February 23, 2013

Comments

Hi Everyone!

Just a bit of housekeeping on this fine Saturday morning.

I seem to be receiving an incredibly large amount of spam comments these days. For example: this morning I had 230 unmoderated comments and only 4 of them were from real readers.
So I have unfortunately had to change who can comment on the blog from "Anyone" to "Registered User". If this doesn't seem to solve the problem, I will enable the word verification again. This is not my preference, as I would like anyone to be able to comment easily on my blog, but my time is too precious to be dealing with a mass amount of garbage like that every time I log into my account.

Thank you for understanding and if you are also experiencing this, or have a better solution, please let me know!!


Lisa.xo

2 comments:

  1. You're not alone, dear Lisa! For the past week or two, I've also been receiving an especially large amount of spam. I approve all of the comments that go live on my site manually before they're published and usually Blogger's spam filter does a decent job of weeding true spam out for me, but it seems to have stopped working as of late and all the spam ends up waiting in the same pile as the legitimate comments. I asked on Twitter the other night if others were experiencing this too, and got some replies from fellow bloggers that said they were also in the same boat, so I really think that there's a glitch/bug in Blogger's spam filter at the moment.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear feedback from readers!

Check back or sign up for follow up comments! I do my best to answer all of your comments and questions right here!

Thanks for sharing!!

Lisa.xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...