Thursday, October 4, 2012

Outfits: Heat Wave

It was so hot out last Saturday! +26 degrees Celsius! I've been wearing fall coats, hats and scarves for weeks now and suddenly I was wearing  a dress and open toed shoes!

Sadly it's cooled back down a bit, but it was lovely while it lasted. Edit: I scheduled this post a few days ago assuming it would cool down, but it is in fact snowing here in Winnipeg today and I am totally amused at the irony of posting this summery outfit on the first snowfall of the season! Ah Winnipeg...

The Boy and I ran some errands on Saturday in the morning and had planned on going for a bike ride, but got distracted and it never happened. Ah well...good intentions...





This dress is a 40's housedress I bought at Ragpickers. Another one I bought years ago before I really started to hoard collect.
You've seen these shoes before. I bought them for and wore them to K & D's wedding in June.




Also! Did you notice my eyes are a little more naked than usual? I am not wearing eye liner! In fact, I've been forgoing eye liner during the day more and more these days. It felt a little weird at first. I find if I apply a little more blush my face doesn't look so pale. In actuality like it a lot! I feel like it makes me look fresh and pretty.
And as you can see, I have not cut my bangs. I'm leaving them until I actually figure out what I want to do with my hair and go the the hairdresser.



40's Green Cabbage Rose House Dress: Ragpickers
Vintage Enamel Flower Brooch: Vintage Glory
Vintage Blue Belt: thrifted
Blue and Green Wedges: Kenneth Cole Reaction
50's Bamboo Birdcage Purse: thrifted, Value Village

Lisa.xo


btw. Hello!! And Welcome to all my new readers! Thank you so much for reading and following my little corner of the internet! :) 

9 comments:

  1. Oh isn't that sooooo Canada in a complete nutshell! :) I lived in Calgary for a spell several years ago and can remember a couple of occasions where, in the span of less than 48 hours, the temps flipped from +20 to a bone chilling -20. We sure do get the craziest weather in our beautiful country, eh? :)

    Beautiful dress (you look marvelous!), I especially like the leaves on it - they have me yearning for spring's return already.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I think Saturday was the official last day of "summer" here, because the forecast is showing nothing but scattered flurries for the rest of the week.
      Ah well...winter had to happen again this year eventually. I just always hope it will wait until November to get here, that's all.

      Lisa.xo

      Delete
  2. the snow today is a shock! I have been meaning to try and not wear as much eyeliner, the new look is lovely. The extra blush is soo pretty I am think i have a heavy hand at blush but it does look nice with extra on! In another random side note the goodwill where I got my bay blanket has a classic wool striped coat for sale right now, it's not my size but you gotta love people donating their bay items to the goodwill for others people to find:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa!
    It was at the goodwill at portage and cavalier in St, James I know it was still there on Monday but sadly I think it is a large or even a XL:( Although I didn't even inspect it too much since I knew I would swim in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey lisa! just found your space through jill - nice to see another winnipegger on here! :)





    rachael

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes it's nice to take a break from the old makeup routine. I think your eyes look beautiful with or without the liner. You always look stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this outfit is so beautiful. lovely 40s dress and fabulous wicker bag ...

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear feedback from readers!

Check back or sign up for follow up comments! I do my best to answer all of your comments and questions right here!

Thanks for sharing!!

Lisa.xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...