Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Outfits: Do I Keep Wearing Blue to Keep Cool?

Another blue outfit. What can I say? I'm loving blue and turquoise right now. Perhaps because the cool tones combat the heat we've been enjoying.

This is a dress I rarely wear. I think it's the collar. I have a love/hate relationship with it. I wish it had some interfacing in it so it would stand nicely all the time, which it does not.

It reminds me of Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. Blue gingham and all...and I do love the ball trim.

All of the photos I took today cut the top of my head off... whoops!   It's the ridiculously tall shoes I'm wearing. I'll have to readjust in the future.







50's Blue Gingham Dress: Ragpickers
White Woven Belt: Thrifted
Vintage Blue Flower Enamel Brooch: Vintage Glory
Blue & White Floral Platform Mary Janes: Forever 21

This afternoon The Boy and I went out for shawarma for Bakara Pita Bakery. It was delicious! Reminded me of the awesome food I ate in Israel. We ate outside in Kildonan Park while Dave chewed on a stick (Dave is our 3 year old Boxer for those of you who are new readers! click the link for pictures of our fur baby!). A pretty good afternoon if you ask me! 

Hope you all are having a good week so far!

Lisa.xo

7 comments:

  1. I love all your blue outfits! this really does remind me of wiard of oz as well as one of the dresses zoey deshanel wore in 500 days of summer! I love the shoes too, I adore all your summer dresses! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...because it looks amazing on you, that's why! :)

    I know what you mean though, when I look back over my wardrobe snaps so far this year, I see a hefty percentage feature blue or turquoise/aqua. Not that I mind really, I think that if one finds colours that really suit them, they should wear them often.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you styled this dress, it goes perfectly with your shoes and pin. Also, you have marvelous hair. I've never seen a fringe work so well x

    ReplyDelete
  4. the collar looks really nice, but I have strange hang ups like that for my clothes as well. The shoes make the outfit super unique, lovely:) I loved the blue dress from the last post as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cassie - I've never seen 500 days of summer, but often get told I remind people of Zoey Deschanel.

    Jessica - :)thanks hon!

    Sarah - thank you! My hair is getting quite long and I've been working hard at keeping it healthy looking. I'm loving my bangs too! Just what the doctor ordered!

    Daphne - thank you! The shoes are new from Forever 21. I love mixing patterns and think you can't go wrong wearing several shades of the same colour. It's fool-proof!

    Lisa.xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look lovely. Love this whole thing. The dress, brooch, the shoes, I love!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear feedback from readers!

Check back or sign up for follow up comments! I do my best to answer all of your comments and questions right here!

Thanks for sharing!!

Lisa.xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...