Whoops! This was supposed to post on Thursday. Don't know what happened! So you get a 2 for 1 today!
OR: "Dear 20 year old Lisa: Here's Some Advice from a Wiser, Older You"
Life is about growth. I strive to move forward in all things in life. I hope every day that I learn something new, either about myself or the world around me. I thought it would be fun to make a list (another list! can you tell I'm a type "A" personality? lol!) of 30 things I've learned in my 30 years.
- Take naps.
- Don't sweat the small stuff.
- Positive thinking is more powerful than you think it is!
- Fake it till you make it.
- Breath - in bad times it will help you see clearly, in good times it will help you enjoy the moment.
- An uber clean house is not the sign of a sane mind
quality time with yourself.
- Don’t live in the past, you’ll miss your future.
- Learn how to accept constructive criticism gracefully.
- When someone compliments you, don’t be negative, say “thank-you” and smile.
- Be happy with what you have today. There are a lot of people in the world with a whole lot less, even if there are people with more.
- Get a dog – life is incomplete without one!
- Take care of the things you own.
- You are in control of your own happiness.
- Love your family with all your heart.
- Don’t make apologies for your feelings.
- Be kind to strangers.
- Eat breakfast
- Karma takes care of rude people, you don’t have to.
- If you hate your job, quit now! There are plenty of jobs in the world.
- The same goes for anything else if your life that makes you unhappy – change it! You have the power to change your surroundings.
- Pay attention! You only get to live in this moment once.
- Cook and Eat delicious food.
- Laugh! Nothing is better than a good laugh with family and friends.
- It’s always better to be over-dressed than under-dressed.
- Your house should be lived in – you don’t live in a magazine.
- Walk in beautiful places.
- Nature documentaries are awesome!
- Don’t bottle your emotions. Feel them and let them go.